I’ve just returned from acting and directing at a theatre festival. Wish you’d been with us.
Here’s what came up.
1. We think healthy and not-so-healthy thoughts, we feel healthy and not-so-healthy feelings. I do better when i welcome both, and let both go.
2. The crowd may love me, the crowd may not. There’s no point in getting too bent out of shape by either of those.
3. There is nothing as good as sinking into right here, right now. Best thing about being an actor, as far as I know.
4. I’m human. Some days that pisses me off, but it’s the truth.
5. Celebrate everyone’s work, their efforts, their willingness to be here and open, and their limitations. If I’m lucky, they’ll be as generous with me when i need it.
6. What I know about myself matters more than what anyone else thinks, as long as what I know about myself has to do with being gifted, loving, and loved.
7. Javier Bardem is the best actor in the world. This has nothing to do with the weekend, but I’m in the middle of a crush, and am proud I resisted mentioning him in the first line.
8. Love wins. Loving myself. Loving the people who are easy to love. Loving the people who drive me mad. Loving my work and play. Loving whatever is in front of my face right now.
9. Whatever I need to know is right in front of me. Every time.
Hope you’re having a wonderful day.
Thanks for the conversation,
Tags: acting, Javier Bardem, kristin shepherd, mind-body health, theatre